Establishing Workable Solutions For Your Family
Family law issues regarding your children can be especially emotional and difficult. When parents don’t see eye-to-eye, finding workable solutions to custody disagreements may be overwhelming. At Hollis Legal Solutions, PLLC, we help parents with custody and visitation matters. When possible, we will fight for peaceful resolutions, and we always keep the best interests of your children in mind.
Helping Your Family Plan For The Future
A professional, skilled attorney can help answer your questions and explain all aspects of custody and visitation arrangements.
In Mississippi, there are two types of custody:
- Physical custody: This gives you the right to have your children reside in your home.
- Legal custody: This gives you the rights and legal responsibility to make important decisions regarding your child.
Parents may be awarded joint sharing of both physical and legal custody. When parents share custody, the parents will abide by a visitation schedule. Joint custody, both physical and legal, allows each parent to have continuing contact with their children, and gives them the authority to make decisions regarding the health, education and welfare of their children.
Working In The Best Interest Of You And Your Children
Couples may disagree on custody and visitation arrangements. The court system will evaluate the family and make a determination based on what is believed to be in the best interest of the children.
The following factors may be considered when deciding custody and visitation:
- Age, health and gender of the child
- Care provided by each parent prior to separation
- Parenting skills
- Parents’ capacity and willingness to provide care
- Employment responsibilities of each parent
- Age of the parents
- Physical and mental health of the parents
- Child’s preference
- Moral fitness of each parent
- Home environment and stability
- Home, school and community record of the child
Both parents are presumed to be equally entitled to custody of their children. These factors may reinforce equal custody, or sway custody to favor one parent over the other.
Addressing Your Unique Needs With Tailored Solutions
Don’t fight for your children alone. Lawyer Scott Hollis will advocate on your behalf and work with you to find solutions to your custody and visitation needs. He will take the time to listen to your concerns, understand all aspects of your situation and prepare a strategy that is unique to the individual needs of you and your family. Contact our office to set up a free consultation today. Call our Olive Branch office at 662-892-3717to speak with us immediately.