Family law issues often involve turmoil and change for you, your children, and your loved ones. There is much uncertainty when a couple separates. Not only are emotions high, the couple must also sort out the financial and general administrative details of a life lived together. This not only includes issues involving the children, but also what each spouse can take and what each must leave behind.
Scott Hollis provides clear and levelheaded guidance to individuals in DeSoto County and all of northern Mississippi dealing with family law issues. Scott Hollis can help you create a solid groundwork for your family’s future. Mr. Hollis prides himself on always being responsive to the needs of his clients, but also tries to develop fair and equitable solutions that will not cause unnecessary conflict and additional financial expense for his clients. If there are issues that cannot be resolved, Mr. Hollis’ extensive background in litigation makes him a formidable lawyer in any courtroom.
All Your Divorce And Family Law Needs
Hollis Legal Solutions, PLLC, handles a variety of issues that can happen before, during and after marriage. Whatever your needs, we offer a wide range of family law services. These include:
- Tips When Considering A Divorce
- Divorce solutions: Whether it is an agreeable divorce on the grounds of irreconcilable differences or a contentious fault-based divorce, Scott Hollis can help you through this complex legal process to protect your rights as an individual and a parent.
- Child custody and support: What is best for the children should always be your priority, but it can involve tense, emotionally charged and often complicated negotiations. Custody and support issues are a part of every Mississippi divorce involving a marriage with children. Custody and support issues also arise as the children grow older long after the divorce is final. Sometimes adjustments to these arrangements need to be made long after your divorce is final.
- Spousal support: Alimony is not an issue in every Mississippi divorce, but when it is, it can be a complex issue. That is particularly so when the divorce involves high net worth individuals or a long marriage with a vast disparity between the income of the spouses. Similarly, non-divisible assets, like a small business, often require a complex analysis and sophisticated solution.
- Annulment: Annulments are rare in Mississippi, but Scott Hollis has obtained annulments for clients in certain circumstances.
- Alienation of affection: Mississippi is one of the few states in which it is possible to sue your spouse’s lover. Hollis Legal Solutions, PLLC, has successfully asserted these cases on behalf of its clients.
- Property division: Mississippi is an equitable distribution state, and your property will be divided between you and your spouse as you divorce. Scott Hollis will help you understand what assets qualify for division, and guide you through the process.
Families are constantly evolving. We assist modern families with all family-related matters. We also help fathers enforce their rights by establishing paternity and creating workable visitation and custody solutions.
Find Out Why Hollis Legal Solutions, PLLC, Is Family First
* Please note, Hollis Legal Solutions, PLLC, is not taking new matters solely involving the collection or garnishment of unpaid child support.