Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Home / Family Law / Enforcement And Modifications

Assisting You as Your Circumstances Change

A divorce decree, custody arrangements and support awards may seem set in stone. However, life is unexpected. Unanticipated changes can occur after a divorce. When these changes happen, you can seek to modify your court-ordered agreements. If one party is not following through with their ordered agreement, you can pursue enforcement. At Hollis Legal Solutions, PLLC, we have the knowledge and experience to help you pursue the modification or enforcement of your agreements post divorce.

Dedicated and Understanding

If you have had a substantial change in your circumstances, you can seek to modify your post-divorce arrangements. It is important that you abide by those arrangements while filing for modification, as the court takes your history of behavior into account as your modification is considered.

In Mississippi, you can seek modification of the following agreements:

  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Visitation
  • Spousal support

In order to do so, you must prove that there is a need for the modification you seek.

Working With You to Protect Your Rights and Family

Life is always evolving and ever-changing. Circumstances can change in a moment’s notice. When your life takes a turn, other aspects of your life must change as a result. In order to apply for a modification to your post-divorce agreements, you must prove that a significant change in your circumstances has occurred.

Substantial changes in circumstances include:

  • Financial increase or decrease
  • Your child’s needs have been altered
  • Your location, or the location of your ex and children has changed
  • Issues relating to the proper care of your children
  • You have unexpected medical expenses or have experienced a new trauma

A dedicated attorney will petition the court to seek modifications on your behalf and work as an advocate. If your financial situation changes and you are struggling, a modification can help you avoid enforcement penalties and violations.

Addressing Your Needs And Enforcing Your Rights

If you were awarded spousal or child support in a court-ordered agreement, you should be receiving those funds. If the payee is in violation of these agreements, we can help you seek enforcement.

Measures and penalties taken to collect regular and past-due payments may include:

  • Income withholding
  • Garnishment of tax refund
  • Intercept of unemployment checks
  • Credit Bureau reporting
  • Issuance of a warrant and incarceration
  • Passport revocation

Equipped to Handle Complex Challenges

If you have had a change in your circumstances, or are not receiving funds awarded to you in your divorce documents, contact us today. Lawyer Scott Hollis will work with you to modify or enforce agreements. He has years of experience, and will use his extensive knowledge and resources to help you in your time of need. Call us at 662-892-3717 to set up a free consultation. Located in Olive Branch, we serve clients throughout Southaven and Hernando.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn