Potential Strategic Impacts of Coronavirus on Your Case
From a strategic perspective, the Coronavirus outbreak will likely impact individuals and families in different ways. We’ve already seen significant effects of the virus outbreak on income, assets, healthcare, transportation, childcare, and schooling. These changes are expected to have both immediate and long-term impacts on the needs of those involved in the legal process. For example, if one divorcing spouse owns a small business that services the travel industry, he/she may see a drastic reduction in income.
Because of these changes – and additional ones that may develop over the coming days and weeks – we want to encourage close contact with our office in the future. Therefore, we will be reaching out to you shortly, but please do not hesitate to contact our team with questions or concerns.
In the interim, we recommend the following actions:
- Don’t panic. While this time is challenging and fraught with uncertainty, it will pass.
- Make a list of the most significant changes in your life caused by the Coronavirus. (e.g. income, assets, childcare)
- Be prepared to discuss options with us that you may consider now but were previously unappealing.
- Try not to let the stress of the situation result in conflict with your spouse, child, parent, or other person involved in your legal proceeding.
- If you have a child with an estranged spouse or parent, your interaction with that person should be conducted with an eye towards the best interest of the child during these stressful times.
- With the exception of a therapist, try not to discuss your case with anyone else.
We appreciate your trust in our law firm and look forward to talking with you soon.